State of Freight Webinar Replay
Monthly State of Freight webinars are included in FTR subscription services. Offered eleven months of the year (no webinar in September for the FTR Transportation Conference), State of Freight webinars offer current subscribers a great way to stay updated on evolving outlooks.
Learn about subscribing to FTR services. Click here for details >
2019 Demand Drivers
Presenters: Eric Starks & Avery Vise | Moderator: Jonathan Starks
Description: For 18 months or more, the focus in transportation has been almost exclusively on the capacity side. While capacity clearly remains a big issue, the bigger question for 2019 and beyond might be the strength of and outlook for freight demand. We will review the outlook for some of the major factors that drive freight transportation demand in the broader economy.
• How manufacturing demand will affect the freight transportation industry.
• Inventory cycles and what to expect throughout 2019.
• The construction/housing market and factors around labor vs demand.
• Employment and consumer spending and the FTR view on whether it will last.
• Energy’s impacts on economic growth moving forward.
• Distortions in Trade Flows.
This webinar aired on January 10th, 2019